Nature London’s Community Eco-Grants Program
Invitation to Apply for Funding
Nature London is an organization whose geographical focus is London and Middlesex County. The group’s motto is To Preserve and Enjoy Nature. Our objectives, specifically, are as follows:
- To acquire and disseminate knowledge about natural history;
- To conserve wildlife and to protect its natural habitat;
- To stimulate public interest in and understanding of nature and its protection and preservation; and
- To develop and sponsor special interest groups in the various fields of natural history
Towards this end, the club conducts a wide range of activities including the support of environmental initiatives by other community organizations.
Funding Pool & Granting Amounts
For 2018, a total of $15,000 is available for the funding of environmental initiatives by various community groups. Grants will be awarded from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $10 000 for successful applicants.
Back to top of page
- Community groups and organizations with an environmental project
- School groups (elementary & secondary)
- Conservation Authorities
- Indigenous groups
Nature London supports a wide range of conservation projects. Contact us to determine the eligibility of potential projects not already listed below:
- Butterfly / pollinator gardens
- Citizen science projects in public green spaces
- In-class/indoor and outdoor environmental education programming
- Natural playgrounds (natural play elements only)
- Purchases of conservation lands
- Research projects
- Schoolyard greening and outdoor classrooms
- Trail & boardwalk construction / maintenance
- Tree planting & other restoration work
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Further Nature London’s objectives
- Meet a clearly defined environmental need within the community
- Where possible, contain measureable indicators of success
- Involve volunteers and partnerships with other groups, where applicable
- Take place within the London / Middlesex region
- The project for which funding is granted cannot take place before April 1.
- Landscaping/beautification or ornamental structures
- Scholarships, grants or bursaries
- Awards and prizes
- Playground equipment
- Expenses incurred prior to April 1 of the funding year
Applications for funding must be received before the start of your project. Funding for expenses already incurred will not be granted. For land securement projects, applications will only be accepted for campaigns currently underway or commencing in the current calendar year.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2018
- Grants Committee meets: Early April, 2018
- Applicants notified: By April 15, 2018
All grant applications must be submitted using either the Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF fillable application form below. The form can be downloaded to your computer, filled in, and saved. Once completed, please e-mail to email@example.com.
All grant applications will be acknowledged. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your application has not been acknowledged within three (3) business days.
Nature London regrets that not all funding applications can be granted. Funding is allocated at the sole discretion of the Nature London Grants Committee and the Board of Directors. Applications received after the application deadline will be considered at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors and are subject to the availability of funds. In exceptional circumstances, the Board may entertain funding requests outside the Community Eco-Grants Program.
Other Important Guidelines
The Grants Committee reserves the right to place conditions on the release of grants (e.g. the securement of other sources of funding). Such conditions will be outlined in the grant letter of notification.
Projects must be completed within one year of the receipt of the grant. In exceptional circumstances, the Eco-Grants Committee may, upon request, grant an extension to the one-year timeframe.
The following Funding Accountability Report is due within 60 days of the project’s completion. The report requires a digital (scanned) copy of all receipts associated with Nature London funding. Either the fillable Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF report can be downloaded to your computer, filled in, and saved. Once completed, please e-mail to email@example.com.
Funds must be spent as per the project budget. Any unused or surplus finds must be returned to Nature London. Funding may only be reallocated with the written permission of Nature London. Changes in activities, timelines or funding must be reported promptly to the Eco-Grants Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future grants will not be considered unless reports on previous grants have been fully completed and received. Failure to spend the funds in the manner specified in the application, or to submit required documentation or reports on time, may disqualify applicants from receiving future grants. If warranted, further recourse may be taken by Nature London.
Successful applicants agree to recognize the support of Nature London in all written material relating to the project for which funding was received. An electronic copy of our logo will be provided for this purpose.
Successful applicants agree to provide Nature London with photographs of the project for use within the club’s print and electronic publications and other promotional purposes.