- Unless stated otherwise, events are open to the public.
- All Indoor Events and Birding Wing Events are held at the London Civic Garden Complex, unless indicated otherwise. See the event details for location specifics.
- If attending an Outdoor Event, please review these important guidelines.
- Events prefixed with “TTLT” are run by and the responsibility of the Thames Talbot Land Trust. Please direct any questions to the TTLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For instructions on how to use the Events Calendar, please review the introduction.
Nature in the City: How do you Tail a bird?
Tuesday, January 23, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
(Open to the public.)
In Hansel and Gretel’s day, you would have tracked things with a trail of breadcrumbs. Now however our top scientists are using stable isotopes and nanotechnologies to follow migrants. Dr. Keith Hobson, a professor at Western University’s Biology department, will describe his research relating to tracking migrant birds and insects. Hobson’s work relates to ornithology, climate change, conservation, and the field of biogeochemistry.